Gateway Bible Baptist Church
Since 1982 "Where everybody is somebody and Jesus Christ is Lord!"
What must I do to be saved?
1. THE PROBLEM OF SIN - "For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God." Romans 3:23 To 'come short' of sinless perfection is to be lost in God's sight. No one is exempt from sin.
2. THE PRICE OF SIN - "For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord." Romans 6:23 As sinners, we owe a penalty for our sin against God; the penalty is death – it is an eternity separated from God in the 'lake of fire.' Revelation 20:15 "And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire."
3. THE PROVISION OF A SAVIOR - "But God commendeth His love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us." Romans 5:8 Jesus paid the penalty of sin which is death; Jesus died in our place. Jesus became our substitute. I Peter 3:18 “For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit:”
4. THE PROMISE OF SALVATION - "For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved." Romans 10:13 The Bible states that the sinner must put faith in the finished work of Jesus Christ in order to be saved. Romans 10:9, 10 " That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation."
5. CALL UPON THE LORD IN PRAYER - Say a prayer like the following.
"Dear Heavenly Father, I know that I am a sinner. I believe that your Son, Jesus Christ, died to pay for my sins and save me from hell. Lord, I receive your Son, Jesus Christ, by faith as my personal Saviour. Lord Jesus, come into my heart and save me, I pray, in your Name, Amen."